[Infovis] PhD position available -- Visualizing evolving multimedia databases

Guy Melançon - INRIA Guy.Melancon at inria.fr
Fri Mar 27 12:55:49 CET 2009

Please forward to all possible interested person

-----------------

The INRIA GRAVITÉ project in collaboration with LaBRI (CNRS) is offering
a PhD position focusing on the visualization of evolving multimedia
databases.

This PhD project is developed in collaboration with INA (the Franch
National Audio/visual Media Institute, see http://www.ina.fr). The data
we face within the INA context can be handled from different
perspectives and implicitly share numerous relations that must be
explored suggesting to address it as a graph visualization problem. The
goal is to provide the user with a readable and coherent visual
representation of the data, equipped with relevant interactions, which
becomes a real challenge when dealing with data dynamically evolving
with time.

The INA data presents numerous facets, thus allowing the definition of
several visualization options and scenarios we need to specify according
to potential usage and objects characteristics.

For more information and to apply, either email Guy.Melancon at inria.fr
or go to GRAVITÉ's website http://gravite.labri.fr.

--
Guy Melançon