[Infovis] Faculty position in Interactive Computing at Georgia Tech

John Stasko john.stasko at cc.gatech.edu
Thu Oct 10 20:16:46 CEST 2013

The School of Interactive Computing (IC) within the College of Computing
at the Georgia Institute of Technology (Georgia Tech) invites
applications for tenure-track faculty positions. Applications at all
levels of seniority will be considered. Applicants must have an
outstanding record of research, a sincere commitment to teaching, and
interest in engaging in substantive interdisciplinary research. We are
interested in faculty candidates in all areas of research within IC but
particular areas of interest this year include Information Visualization
and Visual Analytics.

The School of IC includes 35 faculty members and 120 graduate students
working in a wide range of research areas relating to the interface of
computing to the world.  The School is affiliated with the GVU Center
and the Center for Robotics and Intelligent Machines (RIM at GT).  Our
degree programs include the College-wide Computer Science Ph.D., a Ph.D.
in Human-Centered Computing, and a Ph.D. program in Robotics, joint with
other schools on campus. Masters programs include Computer Science and
Human-Computer Interaction. For more information visit http://ic.gatech.edu.

Application materials should be submitted online. Questions regarding
the status of an application can be addressed to
recruiting-ic at cc.gatech.edu. Application materials should include a full
academic CV, teaching and research statements, a list of at least three
references with contact information and up to three publications.
Applicants are encouraged to clearly identify in their cover letter the
area(s) that best describe their research interests. Reviews of
submitted applications begin November 1, 2013 and full consideration
will be given to those who apply by January 15, 2013. We expect most
hiring decisions will be made by May 1, 2013. Georgia Tech is an
Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. Applications from women
and under-represented minorities are strongly encouraged.

For more details, please see https://academicjobsonline.org/ajo/jobs/3410.