[Infovis] giCentre - PhD Scholarships at City University London

Dykes, Jason J.Dykes at city.ac.uk
Mon Feb 24 11:25:10 CET 2014

We welcome applications to undertake PhD research in Visualization &
Visual Analytics from those wanting to join our group at City University
London.

The Department of Computer Science, is offering three Doctoral
Scholarships each valued at around £50,000 over three years.
These will be awarded to the best proposals for research in priority areas:
 SoftwareSystems Engineering ;
 Human Centric Systems ;
 Information Analysis and Visualisation

http://www.city.ac.uk/citygraduateschool/fees-and-funding/university-docto
ral-studentships

We encourage high calibre candidates to apply to undertake research in
*Information Analysis and Visualization* through a research proposal that
clearly identifies the area of research, articulating *the challenge*,
*why this is a challenge* and *how this challenge will be tackled*.

Application Closing Date: March 14 2014

Please contact us to discuss our research and your proposal before the
end of February - gicentre at soi.city.ac.uk

Details on giCentre research and information are at http://gicentre.org

Criteria for assessment of applications are as follows :

50%  Academic Qualifications - we expect a first class undergraduate
     degree (or 2.1 at high ranking institution), distinction at Masters
     level or equivalent academic qualifications

25%  Proposal & References - we expect an outstanding proposal
     describing work likely to make a valuable contribution to the
     field & unequivocal support from referees

25%  Academic record - we anticipate successful candidates having high
     quality publications or relevant professional roles and experience

--

Jason Dykes, Aidan Slingsby, Cagatay Turkay, Jo Wood
giCentre, City University London