[Infovis] Research Fellow in Information Visualisation and HCI: University of St Andrews, UK (Jan 31st deadline)

Aaron Quigley aquigley at st-andrews.ac.uk
Wed Jan 22 16:01:48 CET 2014

Research Fellow in Information Visualisation and Human Computer Interaction
University of St Andrews - School of Computer Science

Vacancy Details:
The HCI Group in the University of St Andrews (SACHI) wishes to recruit a Research Fellow in Information Visualisation and Human Computer Interaction to support a number of new and ongoing research projects. The post will be based in the School of Computer Science so particular expertise and background experience in programming, interface design, evaluation or novel user interface development would be an advantage. In addition, demonstrated experience in information visualisation, intelligent user interfaces, web applications or ubiquitous and pervasive computing would be highly advantageous.

We have over twenty members in our group and we are strongly active in the international community organising conferences such as UIST 2013, ITS 2013 and MobileHCI 2014. We regularly publish in the leading international HCI venues including CHI, UIST, IUI, AVI, ITS, PerDis etc. As a group we have several funded projects, organise an international seminar series, host visitors regularly and maintain a HCI lab with a wide range of equipment. See website: http://sachi.cs.st-andrews.ac.uk<http://sachi.cs.st-andrews.ac.uk/>

As a group we encourage group-wide collaborative research so there are opportunities to participate in in other projects, be involved with undergraduate and postgraduate supervision, in addition to working on emerging topics of interest in the group.

You should have a good honours degree in Computer Science or a related discipline, and preferably have, or be about to obtain, a PhD in Computer Science. It is essential that you have strong software development and evaluation skills. In addition you must demonstrate that you are able to manage work across a number of projects with competing deadlines while leading the day-to-day work and development.

The post is available for 2 years in the first instance, with possible extension, starting as soon as possible.

Informal enquiries should be directed to Professor Aaron Quigley aquigley at st-andrews.ac.uk<mailto:aquigley at st-andrews.ac.uk> or +44 (0) 1334 461623

Please quote ref: SB1190
Closing Date: 31 January 2014

Further Particulars: http://www.jobs.ac.uk/job/AHX243/research-fellow

Salary: £30,728 - £33,562 per annum
Start: As soon as possible
Fixed term for 2 years
--
Professor Aaron Quigley
Chair of Human Computer Interaction

phone: +44 (0) 1334 461623
fax: +44 (0) 1334 463278
email: aquigley at acm.org<mailto:aquigley at acm.org>
web: http://sachi.org.uk/aaron-quigley/
skype: aquigley
blog: http://aquigley.blogspot.com
twitter: http://twitter.com/aquigley

The University of St Andrews is a charity registered in Scotland : No SC013532