[Infovis] CFP: VISTech2: Second Workshop on Visualization, Infrastructure & Systems Technology

Kelly Gaither kelly at tacc.utexas.edu
Wed Oct 1 18:56:09 CEST 2014

We are soliciting papers for the second annual VISTech workshop on Visualization, Infrastructure & Systems Technology held in conjunction with SC 14. Accepted papers will be archived. Please see submission details below.

We look forward to receiving your submissions by October 7.

Thanks,

Kelly, Jason, Falko, Eric and Aditi

VISTech2:  Second Workshop on Visualization, Infrastructure & Systems Technology

November 17, 2014

8:30 am – 5 pm

New Orleans Convention Center

New Orleans, LA

https://www.tacc.utexas.edu/sc14/workshops/vistech

Important Dates:

Paper submission Deadline: October 7, 2014

Paper Notification Date:  October 18, 2014

Final Manuscripts: October 22, 2014

Human perception is centered on the ability to process information contained in visible light, and our visual interface is a tremendously powerful data processor. Every day we are inundated with staggering amounts of digital data. In research for some computational sciences, visualization techniques are the only viable means of extracting information and developing a deep and clear understanding from data at scale. Thus, integrating our visual capacity with technological capabilities has tremendous potential for providing a transformational ability to understanding this data.

In this workshop, we will explore the intersection between human perception and large-scale visual analysis through the study of visualization interfaces and interactive displays. This rich intersection includes virtual reality systems, visualization through augmented reality, large-scale visualization systems, novel visualization interfaces, high-resolution interfaces, mobile displays, and visualization display middleware. The VISTech (Visualization Infrastructure & Systems Technology) workshop will provide a forum in which experts in the large-scale visualization technology field and users can come together to discuss state-of-the art technologies for visualization  infrastructures and systems.

Topics of the workshop include but are not limited to:

●      High-resolution displays and interfaces

●      Interaction technologies

●      Mobile displays

●      Virtual reality systems

●      Augmented reality

●      Ubiquitous displays

●      Visualization display middleware

●      Large scale visualization systems

Papers submitted to this workshop should be in the IEEE format and no longer than 4 pages plus 1 additional page for images.  We encourage authors to submit YouTube video up to 3 minutes long and animations of their work.The papers should be original and not previously published. Papers will be refereed and accepted on the basis of their scientific merit and relevance to the workshop topics. Papers presented at the workshop will be archived.

This workshop is held in conjunction with SC14: The International Conference on High Performance Computing, Networking, Storage and Analysis

Submission URL: http://easychair.org/conferences/?conf=vistech14

Paper Format Requirements: 4 pages (maximum) plus one additional page for images in the IEEE format.

http://www.ieee.org/conferences_events/conferences/publishing/templates.html

Contact e-mail:v<mailto:VDTworkshop at tacc.utexas.edu>istech14 at easychair.org<mailto:istech14 at easychair.org>

Workshop Organizers:

Kelly Gaither, TACC, The University of Texas at Austin

Jason Leigh, Electronic Visualization Laboratory, The University of Illinois at Chicago

Falko Kuester, CalIT2, University of California, San Diego

Eric A. Wernert, Pervasive Technology Institute, Indiana University

Aditi Majumder, University of California, Irvine