[Infovis] Fwd: Simon Fraser University’s School of Interactive Arts and Technology invites candidates to apply to our graduate program.

Wolfgang Stuerzlinger w.s at sfu.ca
Sat Feb 6 21:49:32 CET 2016

Apply now:  http://www.sfu.ca/siat/grad/admissions.html

Learn more: http://www.sfu.ca/siat/grad/welcome.html

Application Deadline: February 29, 2016

The School of Interactive Arts & Technology (SIAT) is an internationally recognized interdisciplinary school with a focus on technology and the human experience. SIAT MSc., MA, and Ph.D. students develop and apply innovative multi-disciplinary research methods to explore the broader implications of advanced information and media technologies. Guided by these studies, they design new technology and media experiences that are responsive to individual, organizational, and societal values. SIAT’s infrastructure includes state-of-the-art teaching and research facilities at Simon Fraser University’s Surrey campus, combined with the capabilities of our many university collaborators and partner organizations in the public and private sectors.

Students admitted to our graduate program can expect to receive multiple years of scholarships and or research and teaching assistantships. SIAT graduate students are mentored in interdisciplinary research methods, international academic publishing and conference presentation, and curation and exhibition of media arts both locally and abroad.

Our program’s unique focus at the intersection of media arts, science, and computing prepares graduates for diverse careers in the technology sector and in academia. SIAT alumni hold leading positions in industry and in tenure-track positions in institutions around the world.

Our specialized areas of research include, but are not limited to the following:
●           Interactive Computing (visualization, human-computer interaction, artificial intelligence, tangible interfaces, virtual reality, game design and technology and other themes)
●           Media, Visual Arts and Performance (performance technology, interactive animation, interactive environments and installations, game narrative, film and video, audio/music, digital curation, and other themes)
●           Design (parametric design, sustainable design, interaction design, game design, museum design, design for children and the elderly, and other related themes)
●           People (cognitive, perceptual, and social psychology, history, anthropology and ethnography of media, chronic pain management, and health data management)

Simon Fraser University (SFU) at Surrey is the University’s newest campus located in the greater Vancouver region of British Columbia. This region is home to one of the central nodes of Canada’s cultural and entertainment industry and much of its digital media production. The region’s rich cultural, natural and intellectual resources make it one of the world’s most desirable places to live and work. SIAT works as a unit of the Faculty of Communication, Art and Technology (FCAT), is a member of many local, national, and international networks, and has strong connections to leading companies.

Visit our website for more information on the admissions process http://www.sfu.ca/siat/grad/admissions.html

Consider liking our Facebook page:
https://www.facebook.com/SIATSFU/
or follow us on Twitter
https://twitter.com/SIAT_SFU
to see what we are up to and learn about our latest news, research, and exhibitions.

Wolfgang Stuerzlinger
--
Wolfgang Stuerzlinger          http://ws.iat.sfu.ca
Simon Fraser University                 w.s at sfu.ca