[Infovis] Logging Interactive Visualizations & Visualizing Interaction Logs

Romain Vuillemot romain.vuillemot at gmail.com
Thu Jun 9 15:47:21 CEST 2016

== Logging Interactive Visualizations & Visualizing Interaction Logs ==

A IEEE Vis 2016 workshop, October 23rd or 24th 2016, Baltimore, MD, USA
(http://ieeevis.org/)

We invite visualization researchers and practitioners to share their
best practices and tools for logging their online visualizations.

In particular, we are interested in tackling the following log-related
issues:

* How to log users interactions in a visualization system?
* How to design effective logging systems?
* How to make sense of those logs?
* How to deal with legal and ethical issues related to logging?
* How to design logs-based visualizations or any other application using
logs data?

More details on the workshop website: http://livvil.github.io/workshop/

Submission deadline:    July 29, 2016
Submission format:      Position papers (abstract, 2 or 4 pages) using
the VGTC template
Workshop:               Half a day on October 23rd or 24th 2016 (To be
decided)

Organizers:

Romain Vuillemot (Université de Lyon, France)
Jeremy Boy (United Nations Global Pulse New York Lab, USA)
Aurélien Tabard (Université de Lyon, France)
Charles Perin (University of Calgary, Canada)
Jean-Daniel Fekete(Inria, France)

Contact the organizers: romain.vuillemot at gmail.com

--
Romain Vuillemot
Visiting Professor, LIRIS CNRS, Lyon France