[Infovis] [ETRA] CfP Videos & Demos

Tanja Blascheck tanja.blascheck at inria.fr
Wed Feb 21 18:30:35 CET 2018

ACM EYE TRACKING RESEARCH & APPLICATIONS SYMPOSIUM 2018 CALL FOR VIDEO &
DEMO SUBMISSIONS

Have a gaze interaction technique to share? Or want to show off how your
new eye tracking method works? At ETRA 2018, we will have a demo/video
session where researchers give demonstrations of their research or show
videos of their work. We encourage new and exciting ideas that may not
yet be fully tested. To take part in this session, we request a 2-page
extended abstract to be submitted. If authors have a full or short paper
accepted, no extended abstract is needed. If submitting a video
presentation, the video is required. For demos, space will be provided
for a poster display. Please refer to the long call for submissions for
detailed information on the ETRA demo/video track.\

IMPORTANT DATES (Time Zone: AoE)

Demo/Video & Doctoral Symposium (Technical Abstracts)

Apr  2, 2018    Authors: Extended abstracts due

Apr 10, 2018    Feedback to authors

Apr 16, 2018    Authors: Camera ready abstracts due

Apr 23, 2018    Final notifications to authors

SUBMISSION TO THE VIDEO & DEMO TRACK

All submissions must be made electronically, at
https://precisionconference.com/~etra.

To submit to the Video & Demo Track, you need to prepare a 2-page
extended abstract, along with: a) the video submission AND/OR b) a
description of the demonstration set-up with a mandatory review video
showing the demonstration (Note: this video will be used for reviewing
purposes - only videos accepted in the Video Track will be played at the
conference).

Detailed instructions are available below. In case you have a full or
short paper accepted and would like to present a video and/or demo
related to the paper, please enter the accepted paper number into the
submission form. The extended abstract will be part of the ETRA 2018
proceedings. Copyright of the work will be held by the authors, which
means that the 2 page extended abstract will not be regarded as a
previous publication when submitting a longer version of the paper to a
journal or conference.

ABSTRACT PREPARATION INSTRUCTIONS

Abstracts should be 2 pages in length and should follow preparation
instructions found at:
http://www.siggraph.org/learn/instructions-authors. To prepare the
content of the PDF file, SIGGRAPH encourages authors to use LaTeX.

When generating the PDF file, please make sure that the fonts are
embedded in the PDF file. This will ensure that reviewers can view the
paper without problems. The submitted abstracts do not have to be
anonymized for peer review. In addition to the extended abstract, you
will be asked to submit either a video or a demo description with a
video as stated below.

VIDEO PREPARATION INSTRUCTIONS

The video should depict your technology in action and we encourage
researchers to explain in the video a) the motivation for their work, b)
the specific problem being addressed, and c) the demonstrated solution
to the problem. Note that the video should be self-explaining, no
in-person explanation of the videos should be necessary at the
conference. This should either include an audio track or subtitles. You
should make sure that background audio is free from copyright or that
you are licensed to use it. The video should not include a title slide
with the title of the work, authors, affiliations, etc. at the start of
the video. We will add this to all videos in a consistent style.

A submitted video should have a maximum length of 5 minutes and should
not be larger than 100 MB. We recommend using MP4 format with H.264
codec and a resolution of 1280 x 720 px, at 24 to 30 frames/s. Most
video production systems can encode in this format and most video
applications are able to play it. If you use a different codec, you risk
that reviewers might not be able to view the video clip and you will
need to re-encode the video clip for the conference proceeding USB. The
video should play in the VLC media player version 2.2.6 (freely
available at http://www.videolan.org/vlc) without additional software,
codecs or settings.

For a longer guideline of how to make good videos for conference
submission, please see the UIST video guidelines.

DEMO PREPARATION INSTRUCTIONS
For the demo submission please fill in the following questionnaire
(https://goo.gl/forms/sAW318dIEd3NiCiN2). The questionnaire contains a
list of equipment and you can indicate which equipment you will need at
the conference for your demo.

For more details visit: http://etra.acm.org/2018/demovid.html

with best regards,

Tanja Blascheck and Rakshit Kothari