[Infovis] Join Data Science Summer School @ Uni Vienna!

Anne Marie Faisst anne.marie.faisst at univie.ac.at
Wed Jul 11 14:53:16 CEST 2018

The application period for the *2^nd International summer school on
"Deep Learning and Visual Data Analysis" *at the University of
Vienna**is now open. The school aims at bringing together students,
researchers, and professionals from different fields and different
countries to explore the challenges and recent developments in the field.

*Dates & Facts: *

·The Summer School will take place from 03/09/2018 to 07/09/2018

·Application is open till 23/07/2018

·Apply here: datascience.univie.ac.at/summer-school-2018/application
<http://datascience.univie.ac.at/summer-school-2018/application/>

*Who can apply? *

·As we are aiming for a diverse and interdisciplinary group, a
background in machine learning or visualization is not required. But we
do require a technical background with some programming experience.
There will be introductory courses focusing on Deep Learning and
Visualization.

*What to expect:*

·Lectures, workshops, and hands-on tutorials on Deep Learning and Visual
Data Analysis.

·Tutorials on Tableau and Deep Learning frameworks will help you build
your skills in Data Science.

·There will be a practical 1-day-challenge where you can put your newly
acquired knowledge to the test.

·Get to know other people interested in Data Science at our organized
social events, lunches, and dinners. **

*Fees:*

·Austrian students: 90 EUR (including lunch)

·Czech students: 90 EUR (including accommodation, breakfast and lunch)

·Others: 210 EUR

*Link*:http://datascience.univie.ac.at/summer-school-2018/

--
Anne Marie Faisst, BA
Organisationsassistentin

Universität Wien
Fakultät für Informatik
Forschungsgruppe Visualization and Data Analysis
Währinger Straße 29/S6/1.04, A-1090 Wien

T +43-1-4277-790 03