[Infovis] BioVis at ISMB 2018: Call for Abstracts (Talks and Posters)
lekschas at g.harvard.edu
Tue Mar 13 18:15:46 CET 2018
BioVis will be held as a one-day Community of Special Interest (COSI) event at ISMB 2018 featuring keynote talks, paper and abstract presentations, and posters/demos.
Date: July 9th 2018
Location: Chicago, USA
We invite the submission of abstracts describing unpublished or recently published work related to biological data visualization. Submitters may choose to have their submission reviewed for: talk only, talk and poster, or poster only. If you select talk and poster and are unsuccessful for a talk your abstract will automatically be reviewed for a poster presentation.
For detailed information including submission instructions please refer to the full CfP at http://biovis.net/2018/cfp_ismb
Aims and Scope:
The rapidly expanding field of biology creates enormous challenges for data visualization techniques that enable researchers to gain insight from their large and highly complex data sets. BioVis @ ISMB is an interdisciplinary event covering all aspects of visualization in biology. Organized as a Community of Special Interest (COSI), BioVis @ ISMB brings together researchers from the visualization, bioinformatics, and biology communities with the purpose of educating, inspiring, and engaging visualization researchers in problems in biological data visualization as well as bioinformatics and biology researchers in state-of-the-art visualization research.
We invite contributions on all aspects of data visualization in biology, from molecular to cell, tissue, organism and population biology. Suggested topics for paper and poster submissions include, but are not limited to:
• Genome and sequence data, including genomic variation data
• Multivariate omics data (transcriptomics, proteomics, metabolomics, etc.)
• Phylogenetic data
• Biological networks and pathways
• Biological ontologies
• Macromolecular structures (e.g., protein or RNA structures)
• Biological image data, such as microscopy data
• Integration of image and omics data for systems biology
• Modeling and simulation of biological systems
• Neurobiology and developmental biology
• Systems and software frameworks
• Biological workflows or collaborative processes
• Usability of visualization by biologists
• Biological atlases and metadata
• Processes for interdisciplinary collaboration between biology and visualization.
Authors are required to submit an abstract by April 5, 2018 through the ISMB Abstract Submission Site and must adhere to the submission guidelines outlined on that site. ISMB will also accept late posters abstracts beginning April 6, 2018.
Deadlines and Notifications for Abstracts (Talks and/or Posters)
Submission Deadline: April 5, 2018
Acceptance Notification: April 26, 2018
Deadlines and Notifications for Late Posters
Submission Deadline: May 1, 2018
Acceptance Notification: May 18, 2018
Thomas Höllt, TU Delft, The Netherlands (BioVis 2018 Abstract chairs)
Michael Krone, University of Stuttgart, Germany (BioVis 2018 Abstract chairs)
and Organization committee of BioVis 2018
More information about the Infovis