[Infovis] Job: Postdoctoral Position on Machine Learning Visualization at NYU
enrico.bertini at nyu.edu
Thu May 17 15:49:36 CEST 2018
Post-doctoral Position in Visualization for Machine Learning at NYU
The Visualization, Imaging and Data Analysis (VIDA) Center has an opening
for a post-doctoral associate to conduct innovative and exciting research
in the area of visualization for machine learning interpretability. The
position is available immediately but the start date is flexible.
- PhD in computer science or a related technical field
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and collaboratively in a
diverse interdisciplinary team, and contribute to an active intellectual
- Excellent written and oral communication.
- Proficiency and experience in programming for machine learning and/or
interactive data visualization systems
Expertise in one or more of the following areas is highly desirable:
- Deep learning
- Visualization and interactive user interfaces
- Statistics/probability and machine learning
- Empirical evaluation with user studies
The candidate is expected to:
- Perform excellent scientific research
- Develop research prototypes and conduct on-line and off-line evaluation
- Present results in top-tier international conferences
- Help in guiding PhD and Master students
- Participate in the VIDA and CDS activities
To apply, please send a CV and a 1-page cover letter to Enrico Bertini (
enrico.bertini at nyu.edu) and Claudio Silva (csilva at nyu.edu).
About New York University (NYU) and VIDA:
NYU is located in the heart of New York City and is one of the top private
universities in the United States. VIDA is located at the NYU Tandon School
of Engineering in downtown Brooklyn in the Brooklyn Tech Triangle, one of
the most vibrant areas in the city for high-tech industry and education.
VIDA is an interdisciplinary center with strengths in big data and science
methods, including data management, visualization, machine learning, and in
several application areas such as social sciences, neural science,
medicine, biology, and physics.
The postdoctoral associate will join a dynamic group of undergraduate and
graduate students, faculty members and industry partners to develop cutting
edge research on machine learning visualization and interpretability.
Enrico Bertini, Associate Professor
Dep. of Computer Science and Engineering
NYU Tandon School of Engineering
2 Metrotech Center, 11201 Brooklyn, NY (10th floor)
Phone: +1 646 997 3731
More information about the Infovis