[Infovis] [CFP] IWISC 2019: 4th International Workshop on Interactive and Spatial Computing
Mohammadreza.Haghpanah at utdallas.edu
Tue Oct 9 20:20:03 CEST 2018
4th International Workshop on Interactive and Spatial Computing
Guanajuato City, Mexico, May 9-10, 2019
The University of Texas at Dallas Institute for Interactive and Spatial Computing (UT-DIISC<http://cs.utdallas.edu/ut-diisc/>) and the University of Guanajuato are pleased to announce the 4th International Workshop on Interactive and Spatial Computing (IWISC 2019<http://cs.utdallas.edu/ut-diisc/iwisc-2019/>).
Interactive and Spatial Computing focuses on the real-time interactions among humans and computers, and the spatial information, qualities, technologies, and relationships that influence those interactions. Considering this broad scope, Interactive and Spatial Computing involves a wide range of research activities from many disciplines like augmented reality, computational geometry, computer graphics, computer vision, geographic information systems, human-computer interaction, human-robot interaction, information visualization, mixed reality, multimedia, and virtual reality. These research activities enhance human knowledge and performance through numerous applications and domains, such as bioinformatics, education, entertainment, healthcare, manufacturing, rehabilitation, smart cities, therapy, and training. IWISC is a venue for researchers from this broad spectrum of applications and domains to convene and discuss the next generation of interdisciplinary ideas related to Interactive and Spatial Computing.
Call for Papers
The 4th International Workshop on Interactive and Spatial Computing (IWISC 2019) will address the challenges and opportunities faced in this broad and yet important discipline. We solicit high quality, original research submissions in all areas related to Interactive and Spatial computing, including, but not limited to, the following topics:
* Augmented reality
* Computational geometry
* Computer graphics
* Computer vision
* Geographic information systems
* Human-computer interaction
* Human-robot interaction
* Information visualization
* Mixed reality
* Virtual reality
A Best Paper Award will be given for the most outstanding paper in terms of groundbreaking research, ingenuity, and importance.
All deadlines are Anywhere on Earth (GMT/UTC‐12:00).
* January 11, 2019: Paper submissions due
* February 15, 2019: Notification of results
* March 1, 2019: Camera-ready material due
All papers must be original and not simultaneously submitted to another journal or conference. Submissions should contain substantial scientific contributions to the field of Interactive and Spatial Computing. Each paper should be classifiable as one of the following:
* Research papers should contribute state-of-the-art advances and provide results as evidence.
* Application papers should explain how pre-existing ideas were applied to solve a novel problem.
* System papers should indicate how developers integrated techniques and technologies to produce a novel system and provide evidence of the system’s effectiveness.
All papers should be prepared in the ACM SigConf format. LATEX and Word templates are available here: https://www.acm.org/publications/proceedings-template
If you have any problems with the templates, please contact ACM’s TeX support team at Aptara (acmtexsupport at aptaracorp.com<mailto:acmtexsupport at aptaracorp.com>). If accepted, you will need to provide the source files and PDFs for ACM to process.
Papers should be 5-10 pages in length, excluding an optional appendix. The optional appendix must be clearly marked and can include supplementary materials, such as proofs, additional images, and links to videos. These supplementary materials will be considered at the discretion of the reviewers and will not be published in the proceedings.
IWISC 2019 will use a double-blind review process, in which both the authors and the reviewers remain anonymous to each other. Submissions must not contain information that unnecessarily identifies the authors, their institutions, or their places of work. Relevant previous work by the authors should be cited in the third person to preserve anonymity.
Papers must be submitted electronically, by the deadline above, through the EasyChair Conference System: https://easychair.org/conferences/?conf=iwisc2019
Note, if you have not used the EasyChair system before, you will need to register for an account by clicking “Signup” in the upper right corner of the website.
* Victor Ayala-Ramirez, Universidad de Guanajuato, Mexico
* Ovidiu Daescu, University of Texas at Dallas, USA
Technical Program Chairs
* Raúl Enrique Sánchez Yañez, Universidad de Guanajuato, Mexico
* Benjamin Raichel, University of Texas at Dallas, USA
* Mohammadreza Haghpanah, University of Texas at Dallas, USA
* Alec G. Moore, University of Texas at Dallas, USA
Technical Program Committee
* Prabhakaran Balakrishnan, University of Texas at Dallas, USA
* Sergey Bereg, University of Texas at Dallas, USA
* Francesco Bianconi, Università degli Studi di Perugia, Italy
* Steven P. Bitner, University of West Florida, USA
* Santiago-Omar Caballero-Morales, Universidad Popular Autónoma del Estado de Puebla, Mexico
* Jesús Ariel Carrasco-Ochoa, Instituto Nacional de Astrofísica Óptica y Electrónica, Mexico
* Antonio Fernandez, Universidad de Vigo, Spain
* Kyle Fox, University of Texas at Dallas, USA
* Maria Luisa Sapino, Università degli Studi di Torino, Italy
* Juan Manuel González-Calleros, Benemérita Universidad Autónoma de Puebla, Mexico
* Xiaohu Guo, University of Texas at Dallas, USA
* Ryan P. McMahan, University of Texas at Dallas, USA
* José Raymundo Marcial-Romero, Universidad Autónoma del Estado de México, Mexico
* Antonio Marín-Hernández, Universidad Veracruzana, Mexico
* José Francisco Martínez-Trinidad, Instituto Nacional de Astrofísica Óptica y Electrónica, Mexico
* Eduardo F. Morales, Instituto Nacional de Astrofísica Óptica y Electrónica, Mexico
* Sergio A. Mota-Gutiérrez, Continental Automotive Occidente, Mexico
* Joaquín Salas-Rodríguez, Centro de Investigación en Ciencia Aplicada y Tecnología Avanzada IPN, Mexico
* Haim Schweitzer, University of Texas at Dallas, USA
* Humberto Sossa-Azuela, Centro de Investigación en Computación IPN, Mexico
* Yin Yang, University of New Mexico, USA
* Zichun Zhong, Wayne State University, USA
For questions regarding this Call for Papers, please contact the Program Chairs.
More information about the Infovis