[Infovis] IEEE VIS 2018: Videos, Test of Time Awards; Programs; Community Events

Call for Papers - VGTC cfp at vgtc.org
Wed Oct 17 14:16:09 CEST 2018

IEEE VIS 2018

============

http://ieeevis.org/

Oct 21-26 2018, Berlin, Germany

IEEE VIS 2018 is the premier forum for advances in visualization. The
event-packed week brings together researchers and practitioners from
academia, government, and industry to explore their shared interests in
tools, techniques, and technology. We invite you to participate in IEEE
Visual Analytics Science and Technology (VAST), IEEE Information
Visualization (InfoVis), and IEEE Scientific Visualization (SciVis) by
sharing your research, insights, experience, and enthusiasm.

====================

VIS 2018 Paper and Poster Videos

====================

We have augmented links to video previews both for papers and for posters:

http://ieeevis.org/year/2018/info/papers-sessions

http://ieeevis.org/year/2018/info/posters

====================

VIS 2018 Test-of-Time Awards

====================

We are happy to announce this year’s VIS 2018 test-of-time awards winners:

VAST

2008: Spatio-temporal Aggregation for Visual Analysis of Movements Authors:
Gennady Andrienko and Natalia Andrienko;
https://doi.org/10.1109/VAST.2008.4677356

Proc. IEEE VAST 2008, pages 51-58, 2008.

InfoVis

1998: An Operator Interaction Framework For Visualization SystemsAuthors:
Chi, E.H.; Riedl, J.

https://doi.org/10.1109/INFVIS.1998.729560

2008: Effectiveness of Animation in Trend Visualization Authors: George G.
Robertson; Roland Fernandez; Danyel Fisher; Bongshin Lee; John T. Stasko;
https://doi.org/10.1109/TVCG.2008.125

SciVis

1993: Texture splats for 3D scalar and vector field visualization Authors:
Roger Crawfis; Nelson L. Max; https://doi.org/10.1109/VISUAL.1993.398877

2003: Acceleration techniques for GPU-based volume rendering Authors: Jens
H. Krüger; Rüdiger Westermann; https://doi.org/10.1109/VISUAL.2003.1250384

Programs and Keynotes for Associated Events

LDAV 2018 - 8th IEEE Symposium on Large Data Analysis and Visualization