[Infovis] CfPosters: Machine Learning from User Interactions (MLUI) at VIS 2019

John Wenskovitch johnwenskovitch at gmail.com
Sat Aug 10 20:27:39 CEST 2019

 The Machine Learning from User Interactions (MLUI) workshop seeks to bring
together researchers to share their knowledge and build collaborations at
the intersection of the Machine Learning and Visualization fields, with a
focus on learning from user interaction. Rather than focusing on what
visualization can do to support machine learning (as in current Explainable
AI research), this workshop seeks contributions on *how machine learning
can support visualization*. Such support incorporates human-centric
sensemaking processes, user-driven analytical systems, and gaining insight
from data. Our intention in this workshop is to generate open discussion
about how we currently learn from user interaction, how to build
intelligent visualization systems, and how to proceed with future research
in this area. We hope to foster discussion regarding systems, interaction
models, and interaction techniques. Further, we hope to extend last year’s
collaborative creation of a research agenda that explores the future of
machine learning with user interaction.

For our workshop poster session, we invite both late-breaking work and
contributions in this area from other research domains to submit extended
abstracts between 2 and 4 pages in length (NOT including references). All
submissions must be formatted according to the VGTC conference style
template <http://junctionpublishing.org/vgtc/Tasks/camera.html> (i.e., NOT
the journal style template that full papers use). Extended abstracts are to
be submitted via email to our GMail account:
learningfromusersworkshop at gmail.com. All abstracts accepted for
presentation at the workshop will be linked from the workshop website. All
abstracts should contain full author names and affiliations. If applicable,
a link to a short video (up to 5 min. in length) may also be submitted. The
abstracts will be juried by the organizers and selected external reviewers
and will be chosen according to relevance, quality, and likelihood that
they will stimulate and contribute to the discussion.

*Submission deadline:* August 20, 2019
*Author notification:* September 1, 2019
*Camera-ready deadline:* October 1, 2019
*Workshop:* October 20, 2019

More info, posters, and papers from MLUI 2018 can be found at:
https://learningfromusersworkshop.github.io/workshop2018.html