[Infovis] Call for Proposals: Liberact V, NC State University Libraries

Walt Gurley jwgurley at ncsu.edu
Tue Aug 27 13:03:57 CEST 2019

The North Carolina State University Libraries is pleased to host the
5th Liberact
(Libraries & Interactive Technologies) conference
<https://www.lib.ncsu.edu/liberact> at the James B. Hunt Jr. Library in
Raleigh, North Carolina on November 14 and 15, 2019. Liberact offers
practitioners and researchers involved in immersive and large-scale visual
technologies the chance to meet, build community, and gain inspiration for
collaboratively advancing this area of study and scholarly production.

Like earlier Liberact events, this conference will focus on implementing,
supporting, and maintaining visualization and interactive technologies and
the content produced within/for them. We broadly define these technologies
to include systems, applications, and tools like: interactive gesture- and
motion-based systems, large scale visualization environments, 3D and
virtual reality environments, and emergent areas. We invite you to
participate in our workshops and  facilitate exploration of partnerships
between institutions, especially in the sharing and transfer of content.

Building on excitement and ideas flowing from similar meetings like THE CAAV
<https://thecaav.squarespace.com/news>, the sessions at Liberact will
utilize the variety of spaces, walls, and technologies in the Hunt Library
for an applied and engaged experience.

We invite proposals in the form of:

20-min. presentation sessions
Lightning talks
(Digital) Posters
Project/Product demos
The deadline for proposals is Wednesday, September 4, 2019.

Submit a proposal and find more information on the conference site:
https://www.lib.ncsu.edu/liberact

--
Walt Gurley
Data & Visualization Librarian