[Infovis] Job | Assistant/Associate Professors in Information and Computing Sciences (Tenure Track 0.8 - 1.0 FTE) | Application Deadline Dec 1st, 2019

Behrisch, M. (Michael) m.behrisch at uu.nl
Wed Nov 13 14:42:53 CET 2019

Assistant/Associate Professors in Information and Computing Sciences (Tenure Track 0.8 - 1.0 FTE)
Department of Information and Computing Science, University of Utrecht, the Netherlands

Job description
Due to our successful educational programmes and our ambitions in research, the Department of Information and Computing Sciences is expanding. We are searching for three or more motivated and committed female Assistant/Associate Professors in Information and Computing Sciences. The levels of the positions offered will vary, depending on experience and expertise.

You have a background in Computing and Information Sciences, preferably in the areas of Algorithms, Computer Science Education, Process Management and Analytics, Information Science, Artificial Intelligence, and Data Science and Software. This includes research interest in all directions connected to visualization (scientific visualization, information visualization, graph visualization, visual analytics, visualization for machine learning).

You possess a proven commitment and talent for research. As teaching is an essential part of the work, we are searching for people with a demonstrable motivation to teach. Our approach is characterized by a connected, open and can-do spirit that stimulates personal initiative and curiosity. You are encouraged to take ownership and create value while sharing your knowledge both internally and across the wider (global) community.
In order to start up your research you will be assisted by a PhD candidate funded by the Department.

Qualifications
• a PhD in Computer Science, Information Science or another relevant discipline;
• publications with impact, in international conferences and journals;
• experience with or good prospects for acquiring external research funds;
• vision on future research directions in own area of expertise;
• experience with or readiness to supervise PhD projects;
• active role in international scientific communities;
The Department finds gender balance specifically and diversity in a broader sense very important. Under European jurisdiction it is permitted to specifically recruit underrepresented groups.

Offer
We offer a position (0.8 - 1.0 FTE) in an international working environment and meant to be tenured upon good performance. The gross salary ranges between €3,255 and €5,656 per month for a full-time employment, and a holiday bonus of 8% and a year-end bonus of 8.3% per year. Utrecht University offers excellent secondary conditions, including an attractive retirement scheme, (partly paid) parental leave and flexible employment conditions (multiple choice model).

How to apply

The application is available at https://www.uu.nl/en/organisation/working-at-utrecht-university/jobs
From that page, scroll the list of job openings, and click the one entitled "Assistant/Associate Professors in Information and Computing Sciences (Tenure Track 0.8 - 1.0 FTE)" (posted on 16/10/2019)

The application deadline is Dec 1st, 2019.

Additional information
For more information concerning candidates interested in visualization, please contact
prof. dr. Alex Telea (a.c.telea at uu.nl<mailto:a.c.telea at uu.nl>)
dr. Michael Behrisch (m.behrisch at uu.nl<mailto:m.behrisch at uu.nl>)

=======

prof. dr. A. C. Telea
Dept. of Information and Computing Science, Utrecht University, the Netherlands
e-mail: a.c.telea at uu.nl<mailto:a.c.telea at uu.nl>
web: http://www.staff.science.uu.nl/~telea001/