[Infovis] St Andrews, Scotland. HCI Lecturer and Associate Lecturer [Permanent roles]

Aaron Quigley aquigley at st-andrews.ac.uk
Sat Oct 5 17:04:09 CEST 2019

Our closing date is 25 October 2019<x-apple-data-detectors://0>

We are looking to recruit two people in HCI to join us in this unique and captivating place. Seven centuries of history link the students with the town, leading to the ancient and yet modern institution where you will be at the forefront of Human Computer Interaction. https://www.st-andrews.ac.uk<https://www.st-andrews.ac.uk/>

-[1]  https://www.vacancies.st-andrews.ac.uk/Vacancies/W/1007/0/246782/889/lecturer-ac1870hm

-[2] https://www.vacancies.st-andrews.ac.uk/Vacancies/W/1105/0/246791/889/associate-lecturer-education-focused-ao1501hm

[1] The School of Computer Science is looking to recruit a lecturer as part of a large on-going expansion of our academic staff.

We wish to appoint a Lecturer working in Human Computer Interaction to join our vibrant teaching and research community that is ranked amongst the top venues for Computer Science education and research worldwide.  The successful candidate will be expected to have a range of interests, to be active in research publication that strengthens or complements those in the School and to be capable of teaching the subject to undergraduate and taught postgraduate students who come to us with a wide range of backgrounds.

Candidates should hold a PhD in a cognate discipline. Excellent teaching skills and an interest in promoting knowledge exchange are essential.  You should also have some familiarity with grant seeking processes in relation to research councils and other sources.  The Lecturer comes with an academic promotion track to Senior Lecturer, Reader, Professor.

In addition

[2] We are looking to recruit an Associate Lecturer (Education Focused). We are especially, but not exclusively, interested in those working in Human Computer Interaction.

Associate Lecturers (Education Focused) provide the backbone of our teaching capability, focusing more on the delivery of high-quality taught programmes while still having opportunities for research. You will be committed to innovation and delivery of high quality teaching within the broad field of Computer Science and its applications.   The successful candidate will be expected to be capable of teaching the subject to undergraduate and taught postgraduate students who come to us with a wide range of backgrounds. The Associate Lecturer comes with an Education focussed academic promotion track to Lecturer, Senior Lecturer, Professor.

Informal enquiries about the school and role can be directed to Professor Simon Dobson (hos-cs at st-andrews.ac.uk<mailto:hos-cs at st-andrews.ac.uk>) or Dr Dharini Balasubramaniam (dot-cs at st-andrews.ac.uk<mailto:dot-cs at st-andrews.ac.uk>).

Informal inquires about SACHI, the St Andrews Computer Human Interaction research group can be directed to Dr Uta Hinrichs (uh3 at st-andrews.ac.uk<mailto:uh3 at st-andrews.ac.uk>) or Professor Aaron Quigley (aquigley at acm.org<mailto:aquigley at acm.org>).

News, papers etc from SACHI can be found here https://sachi.cs.st-andrews.ac.uk/

--
Professor Aaron Quigley
Chair of Human Computer Interaction,