[Infovis] Ph.D. Research Internships at Conversant

Alan Keahey alan.keahey at icloud.com
Tue Oct 29 20:20:51 CET 2019

My team is hiring interns for summer 2020.  Come join us as we visually reveal, explore and explain fascinating details and patterns from a digital economy spanning petabytes of data and billions of transactions across a vast network of buyers, sellers, consumers and middlemen everyday.

https://www.linkedin.com/jobs/view/1477118651/ <https://www.linkedin.com/jobs/view/1477118651/>

Intern - Data Visualization - (0103301)

As a Data Visualization Intern, you will be at the leading edge for creating innovative visualization systems that demonstrate the business value of Conversant’s digital marketing platform directly to our internal analysts, customers and stakeholders.

Our visualization challenges span hundreds of millions of detailed profiles across hundreds of millions of websites and apps tied together by sophisticated real-time analytics that make near instantaneous decisions on messaging to those profiles billions of times a day. This provides an incredibly rich environment of business questions and answers that are hidden within petabytes of data. You will be a key team member creating effective visualization tools that use the data to answer those questions in an engaging, intuitive and informative manner. This is a multi-faceted effort involving an array of visualization tools such as D3.js, WebGL, Three.js, Tableau and more. We have a number of projects that are suitable for intern work that will provide you a chance to make a significant impact on our capabilities.

Essential Functions And Responsibilities
	• Develop a basic understanding of digital marketing and Conversant’s personalization platform.
	• Use your visualization expertise to research and recommend the best approaches to solving one of our technology + business problems.
	• Implement and validate your solution.
	• Work with other teams to integrate your solution into Conversant’s production systems.
	• Document and present your approach.

Education And Experience
	• PhD level candidates, with significant course, research and/or commercial experience in data visualization.
	• Solid foundational understanding of data visualization principles.
	• Solid experience with visualization tools as outlined below.
	• Be a supportive and positive contributor in a highly collaborative team with shared and overlapping responsibilities.
	• Practical real-world UX/UI experience.
	• Familiarity with data science and machine learning.
	• Experienced with one of D3.js, WebGL, or Three.js. As an alternative, Expert level Tableau skills with a portfolio of advanced charting will be considered.
	• Solid JavaScript programming skills.
	• Experience with statistics and big data analytics techniques.
	• Experience with Node.js and/or React.
	• Big Data (Hadoop, Spark, Scala, NoSQL, SQL) experience.