[Infovis] Instructor needed to teach Information Visualization for the School of Information, San Jose State University

H. Michelle Chen hsuanwei.chen at sjsu.edu
Sat Mar 14 00:26:01 CET 2015

I am looking for an instructor for Fall 2015 who would teach a class in
Information Visualization for the School of Information at San Jose State
University. Our programs are delivered in a 100% asynchronous online format
so location is unimportant.

Fall runs from August 20th to December 8th.

The class will be taught as part of our interdisciplinary Advanced
Certificate in Big Data. The students will be in a workplace renewal grant
- engineers who are retooling.

Here is information about the content. This course would focus on the state
of the art in the field of information visualization. Topics may include
(but are not limited to): the evolution of information visualization,
the perceptual properties
and design principles of information visualization, different data analysis
methods using visualizations, hands-on applications of visualization
software and techniques, interaction and interface design issues, and emerging
trends such as social visualization and visual analytics. The ultimate goal
of this course is to provide the students with a powerful tool to better
process, analyze, and communicate information in the specific domain of
their own interests.

We use the Canvas Learning Management system. You will have an online
training class with our Director for Online Learning.

The class caps at 30. Salary for an instructor with a Ph.D degree is $6142;
for a masters degree: $5149; payable at the end.

If interested please send a resume and outline how your background and
experience would work well for this topic to me at hsuanwei.chen at sjsu.edu.

Thanks for considering it.

Best,
Michelle

--

*Hsuanwei Michelle Chen, Ph.D.*Assistant Professor, School of Information
San Jose State University