[Infovis] Call for Book Proposals, Edited Books, Monographs, and Handbooks

Artur Lugmayr artur.lugmayr at ambientmediaassociation.org
Wed Oct 2 18:48:29 CEST 2019

 Call for Proposals for

 BOOK, EDITED BOOKS, MONOGRAPHS, and HANDBOOKS

 ...to be published in the new....

 Series on Emerging Media Technology and User-Experience Computation

 published by Chapman&Hall/CRC Press

 SUBMISSION DEADLINE

 3rd November 2019 for the next batch of proposals, however,

 we also accept book proposals on a continuous basis

 SERIES WEBSITE

 http://emu.artur-lugmayr.com

 PROPOSAL SUBMISSION SYSTEM

 http://www.ambientmediaassociation.org/Submissions/2018Series/

 CONTACT INFORMATION

 artur.lugmayr at artur-lugmayr.com
<mailto:artur.lugmayr at artur-lugmayr.com?subject=CRC%20Book%20Proposals>

 We are especially searching for brave new ideas in media

 technology, emerging media, visualization, user-experience

 computation and interaction design!

The Chapman & Hall/CRC Emerging Media and User-Experience Computation
Series presents cross-disciplinary research, case studies, and insights
into media technology, media business, and media design. The series will
cover many topics of interest, including, but not limited to: advancements
in media technology, animation, media design, music, robotics, video,
content production, information systems, content systems, interactive
media, visual effects, asset management, design approaches,
user-experience, quality of experience, simulation, serious games, digital
games, augmented reality, and virtual reality. The series is

cross-disciplinary, and seeks contributions from computer science, media
design, human-computer-interaction, psychology, (mass)-communication,
information systems, and business viewpoints. More information in the Book
PDF Flyer.

TOPICS OF INTEREST

-----------------------------------

(but are not limited to)

* Virtual and Augmented Reality (AR and VR)

* Quality of Experience (QoE)

* Media/UX meets Big Data, deep learning, AI

* Interactive data visualization

* Digital computer games

* Artificial Intelligence and VR/AR

* Interaction Design and User-Experience

* Human-Computer-Interaction

* Multimedia, video, music, and text media

* Animation and digital graphics

* Ubiquitous/pervasive media

* Interactive storytelling

* Entertainment technologies

* Cultural visualization

* Information systems in media industry

* Interactive and collaborative systems

* Mobile entertainment technologies

* Management of IT in entertainment industry

* User-experience and audience research

* Social media and web-based media technology

* Professional content production industries

* Yours?

CURRENT ISSUES IN PRODUCTION

* The Serious Storytelling Handbook: Storytelling Outside the Entertainment
Context

 Artur Lugmayr, Helmut Hlavacs, and Calkin Suero Montero (Eds.)

 http://www.artur-lugmayr.com/activities/current-activities/crc-emu-series/serious-storytelling/
<http://www.artur-lugmayr.com/activities/current-activities/crc-emu-series/serious-storytelling/>

SUBMISSION DETAILS

-----------------------------------

For the book series, we are seeking high quality contributions. A first
initial proposal or

brief of the book should include the following information, and be uploaded
through

the submission system on:
http://www.ambientmediaassociation.org/Submissions/2018Series/
.

In addition, please submit the proposal to artur.lugmayr at artur-lugmayr.com
<mailto:artur.lugmayr at artur-lugmayr.com?subject=CRC%20Book%20Proposals>
.

It should contain a word document with the following sections:

* Type of book (e.g. handbook, edited book, monograph)

* Abstract (150-250 words abstract)

* Tentative chapter structure and content

* Target audience, and series fit

* Key-dated and time planning for the project

* Additional resources (e.g. website, newsletter, email list)

* Author information (short bio, picture, affiliation, contact information)

Further more detailed instructions can be found on:

http://emu.artur-lugmayr.com

CONTACT INFORMATION

Please let me know if you should have further questions:

artur.lugmayr at artur-lugmayr.com
<mailto:artur.lugmayr at artur-lugmayr.com?subject=CRC%20Book%20Proposals>